Monday, March 2, 2015

Dressed Up Tshirt

Happy Monday, Friends. So it's official, I'm balls deep in work. BALLS DEEP. I'm taking a trip every week but one this month. Rochester this week, Austin next week for SXSW and Anaheim the last week of March for NSBE. When I took this job last spring, my expectation was that most of a recruiter's travel happened in the fall and the rest of the year was spent mostly at home with an occasional trip here and there. Lesson learned, expectations just make your less prepared to deal with whatever may come your way :) Heads up, the blog might have to be put on the back burner, but I'm going to try my best to stay on my 3x/week schedule!

Last week, I showed off a ridiculous all-black all-faux-leather ensemble with this midi skirt as the focal point. I wanted to try something a bit more wearable this time around. Pairing this skirt with a simple gray T creates that effortlessly cool look y'all know I've been feeling lately. My favorite parts of this outfit are the matching emerald accessories. Reviewing my looks from last month, it seems I have taken a divergence towards dark neutrals. Although I feel good in these sleek street looks, I have to admit that I miss bold, beautiful colors. I think this touch of green is the beginning of the reintroduction of color into my wardrobe. Just in time for Seattle's early spring!

Getting on a plane in less than 8 hours! Time to hit the hay. Hope to see you soon, friends!

IMG_2672 IMG_2672
IMG_2672
IMG_2672 IMG_2672
Shirt & Skirt Forever 21
Necklace & Shoes Target

4 comments:

  1. I totally feel ya!! Balls deep in work over here is well; I've completely abandoned the hope for blogging for a bit. I love the fit of that simple T. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Forever 21! Just one of their random basics. I think it's made from a polyester blend, which is why it drapes/clings to my body without being super tight. Definitely something to look out for on our next F21 run :)

      Delete
  2. Honey! I love this look! This skirt gives me everything, it's simple, yet a bit dramatic with the oversized proportions, and it looks good with anything! That top looks as if it was just made for it. Guess what?! Today I learned that you have a fan, in my MOM! Haha she's been reading and looking at your pics lately and she says she loves your style. She really likes your *I think it's Gucci* blue purse. I had the best times talking with her about your previous outfits. Everything is fine here in Mexico. It was a bit colder than I expected but today the sun is shining! Hopefully it stays that way. Good luck on your crazy travel schedule! Mine is winding down already but I'd love to travel with you again really soon. Love you!! Have a great week!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple, but dramatic- love that description of this outfit! OMG SAY HI TO YOUR MOM FOR ME! I bet she has impeccable style. I want to take photos for you both the next time she's in town. Or the next time I go to Monterrey ;) Love you <3

      Delete