Third day of posts in a row :) I'm going strong for this 16 for 2016 blogging challenge, y'all! This post is a little extra special because I'm featuring one of my favorite people in the whole world. She goes by Riley :)
Riley and I had the time of our lives with an amazing group of friends in Whistler, Canada this past weekend. I have a post coming your way tomorrow about our unreal snow adventures, but first we need to talk about shopping. I'm not sure if y'all are aware (because I was certainly not) but the American dollar is SUPER STRONG against the Canadian dollar right now. This means that EVERYTHING is automatically 30% off sticker price if you're using USD! Our group consisted of 4 ladies and 2 dudes so of course we spent a little time hitting a few shops. I was absolutely delighted (aka on a shopping spree HIGH) when I realized that a lot of my favorite stores hadn't adjusted their MSRP to compensate for the current exchange rate.
Let's take these gorgeous coats for an example. We scooped these up from Aritzia, a trendy national boutique known for suuuuuuper high quality basics. They are also known for considering something to be "on sale" by knocking $5 off a $40 basic white tee. Yea, it's one of those stores. I have to admit though, I do admire their beautiful selection from afar. EXCEPT when I waltzed into the Whistler Village location and had a hey day with my no-foreign-transaction-fees credit card and USD exchange rate. Riley and I both purchased these incredible wool coats at $300 CAN AKA $200 USD!!!! Ugh, seriously in the top 10 best days of my life :P just kidding (but not really). Anyways for reals if you got the travel time and the monies, consider Canada for your next shopping spree!
BTW, these coats definitely lived up to the "high quality elevated basics" reputation that Aritzia has created for itself. Satisfyingly warm and effortlessly stylish. Riley sized down to an XS in her coat to get that super fitted slim look. I sized up to an L to go for that boxier, relaxed look (but also so I could button the damn thing over my Double D's :D). I've been on the hunt for camel for two seasons now and am so happy that I held out. I love the way this coat pairs with my fav OTKs. I am also completely obsessed with the all black look that Riley is rocking. She literally couldn't stop raving about her Blundstone boots. Apparently they are the shit and I'm keen to take her word on it because she just returned from a 4 month trek around Europe and the only pair of shoes that she brought were these ones. Stylish and hella practical: one of my absolute favorite combos.
Huge thank you to the bae of my soul, Jen P, for taking the icy streets head-on to capture these snaps for us! I hope your hump day is A+!
Riley and I had the time of our lives with an amazing group of friends in Whistler, Canada this past weekend. I have a post coming your way tomorrow about our unreal snow adventures, but first we need to talk about shopping. I'm not sure if y'all are aware (because I was certainly not) but the American dollar is SUPER STRONG against the Canadian dollar right now. This means that EVERYTHING is automatically 30% off sticker price if you're using USD! Our group consisted of 4 ladies and 2 dudes so of course we spent a little time hitting a few shops. I was absolutely delighted (aka on a shopping spree HIGH) when I realized that a lot of my favorite stores hadn't adjusted their MSRP to compensate for the current exchange rate.
Let's take these gorgeous coats for an example. We scooped these up from Aritzia, a trendy national boutique known for suuuuuuper high quality basics. They are also known for considering something to be "on sale" by knocking $5 off a $40 basic white tee. Yea, it's one of those stores. I have to admit though, I do admire their beautiful selection from afar. EXCEPT when I waltzed into the Whistler Village location and had a hey day with my no-foreign-transaction-fees credit card and USD exchange rate. Riley and I both purchased these incredible wool coats at $300 CAN AKA $200 USD!!!! Ugh, seriously in the top 10 best days of my life :P just kidding (but not really). Anyways for reals if you got the travel time and the monies, consider Canada for your next shopping spree!
BTW, these coats definitely lived up to the "high quality elevated basics" reputation that Aritzia has created for itself. Satisfyingly warm and effortlessly stylish. Riley sized down to an XS in her coat to get that super fitted slim look. I sized up to an L to go for that boxier, relaxed look (but also so I could button the damn thing over my Double D's :D). I've been on the hunt for camel for two seasons now and am so happy that I held out. I love the way this coat pairs with my fav OTKs. I am also completely obsessed with the all black look that Riley is rocking. She literally couldn't stop raving about her Blundstone boots. Apparently they are the shit and I'm keen to take her word on it because she just returned from a 4 month trek around Europe and the only pair of shoes that she brought were these ones. Stylish and hella practical: one of my absolute favorite combos.
Huge thank you to the bae of my soul, Jen P, for taking the icy streets head-on to capture these snaps for us! I hope your hump day is A+!
On Riley
Cocoon Wool Coat Wilfred @ Artizia, exact, but only available in Canada
Black Boots Blundstone, exact
On Kim Pearce Wool Coat Babton @ Aritzia, exact
Steve Madden Gorgeous Boot via Nordstrom, exact, similar for $35
I love your coats! They look super warm, and comfy, and the fit is just right. Kudos on such a great purchase!
ReplyDelete