Friday, January 15, 2016

Pinkies Up, Betches!



Oh yea, we fancy ;) Our master planner, Jen-bunny, absolutely LOVES high tea. And on the way (and back) to/from Whistler, she suggested two separate high tea experiences for the group. And then basically, we all ended up getting hella addicted to high tea. For reals, just preparing the photos for this post has me salivating. High tea is quite a lovely experience with friends. You should never rush tea and I love the feeling of enjoying time with company without looking at my watch. And of course, the pastries and sandwiches and unlimited tea are absolutely delightful. I always underestimate how filling all of the food is! Everything is so petite but there's so much of it! And it's SO DELICIOUS! So, without further ado, onto the foodporn photos!

Neverland Tea Salon | 3066 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC
This crazy cute tea salon was Peter Pan themed! The atmosphere was casual but seriously so charming. And so damn whimsical. More importantly, their tea hostesses are super gorgeous! Ah, I seriously regret leaving without telling our hostess how pretty I thought her face was. Okay, sorry, I'm off track. Uh. Tea was yummy. Food was delicious (very vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free) friendly. Cost was totally affordable and I can't wait to go back!





The Urban Tea Merchant | 1070 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC
This super fancy, modern venue was a definite contrast from the previous salon. Not in a bad way, but it was a different experience. More upscale and of course more expensive but still completely delicious and a very elegant experience. Their vegetarian options were a bit lacking but luckily I wasn't that hungry. I went for their fruit and cheese platter which ended up being quite a bit of food! Our tea hostess was a legit connoisseur and very sweet! TBH, this wouldn't be my go-to tea place purely based on cost, but I'd definitely recommend The Urban Tea Merchant for a special occasion high tea experience.





I think I'll pick up a proper tea dress for the next time! Do you have any other PNW high tea recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment