I moved into a new apartment at the beginning of June. Split level, 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath, 1000 sq feet with surprisingly tall ceilings, a view of Lake Sammamish and a beautiful patio to top it off! I could not be more pleased :) It was the first apartment I viewed when I started hunting and I knew within 30 seconds that this was going to be my new home. My three requirements for the apartment were close to work, 2 bedrooms and under $1500/month. If you understand the rental market in this area, then you know that's not very much rent to work with. There were only 3 listings that fit the bill on Craigslist in May so I cannot believe how lucky I got!! I have named it (and the wifi), LAKEHOUSE! I want to share the first major Lakehouse DIY project with y'all- the dining room plant wall!
HUGE thank you to my summer roomie, Erin and our amazing handy man/many candy friend, George, for putting these shelves up and making the IKEA run. We used the Ekby Gallo wall side unit for the brackets and Ekby Hemnes shelves, both in white. Erin found a beautiful series of white plant pots, Kardemmuma, in various heights and sizes and raided the plants selection to start off our collection. It cost $100 to put up the shelves and I spent about $200 on pots and plants. I'm quite happy with the investment! It was well worth it.
To celebrate, Erin and I threw a small get together with friends where we invited our guests to bring us a plant for our home. THANK YOU, friends, for a wonderful day and the amazing new plants for Lakehouse! A post on our yummy party food to follow later!
HUGE thank you to my summer roomie, Erin and our amazing handy man/many candy friend, George, for putting these shelves up and making the IKEA run. We used the Ekby Gallo wall side unit for the brackets and Ekby Hemnes shelves, both in white. Erin found a beautiful series of white plant pots, Kardemmuma, in various heights and sizes and raided the plants selection to start off our collection. It cost $100 to put up the shelves and I spent about $200 on pots and plants. I'm quite happy with the investment! It was well worth it.
To celebrate, Erin and I threw a small get together with friends where we invited our guests to bring us a plant for our home. THANK YOU, friends, for a wonderful day and the amazing new plants for Lakehouse! A post on our yummy party food to follow later!








No comments:
Post a Comment