Saturday, August 30, 2014

Big Sur Lovin'



IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672


Driving Big Sur is this wannabe-California-girl's dream come true. This magnificent part of the California coast needs no help in showcasing it's natural glory, so all scenic photos featuring Big Sur exclusively are straight off my camera, no need for cropping or lightroom.

Typically, I don't look forward to long drives, but I couldn't wait to hit the road after Hearst Castle! Mitch and I didn't do any research on the best viewpoints for Big Sur. We basically relied on pulling over whenever we noticed larger gatherings of cars. Make sure to leave yourself plenty of time for the drive! We loved being able to enjoy the views at our own leisure. Our driving strategy worked out well as we were able to experience Big Sur in all its glory by pulling off at the many scenic turnouts. However, for those of you making a visit in the future, I definitely recommend making sure to pull over at Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park! There's an easy 1/4 mile trail that leads you to one of the most famous overlooks of Big Sur and it's definitely a must-see!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672


Mitch and I couldn't wait to trade in our Hearst Castle finery for something much more laid back. I'm having so much fun watching Mitch take up the camera. He's had some pretty stylin' ideas, love these detail shots he put together of our accessories.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

Also, I'm dating the biggest goof ball ever.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672


Owning a Big Sur vacation home has officially been added to the wish list. Already trying to plan the next time we can go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment