Mitch and I are in Eastern Washington this weekend, visiting wine country and Leavenworth, a Bavarian themed town. While we were here, I met this amazing girl, Charlotte Massey at her art tent in the park. I loved the style of her paintings and couldn't help but start a conversation with her. She was very warm and I couldn't believe she had just graduated from the local high school! Definitely wise beyond her years. Even more unbelievable, she has been painting for ONLY A YEAR. What?! I knew I had to purchase a print and wrestled a little before settling on "Omniscient Bliss," Charlotte's most complicated work to date. Although, I'm still thinking about "Stella" and will probably get her before summer is over! I love the playful detail of the big dipper freckled across her cheek.
It was a pleasure meeting you, Charlotte. Thank you for sharing a little of your story with me. Have the most amazing fall globe trotting! I can't wait to see how your travels influence your art and writing!



No comments:
Post a Comment