Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Leavenworth

There's a little Bavarian themed town to the East, have you heard of it? Leavenworth! I think every Washingtonian but me has visited this cute town. Until this weekend at least! Mitch and I were looking for a weekend getaway post intern season. It's so difficult to partake in spontaneous adventures during the summer, each day is planned out meticulously weeks ahead of time. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it really is difficult to find a few open days. So when I noticed an open weekend on the calendar, we jumped onto Groupon Getaways and found a deal on a Wenatchee hotel, only 20 minutes away from Leavenworth.

We stopped at Leavenworth on our way in and our way out. I had ice cream a total of 4 times last weekend. It was glorious. Leavenworth was ridiculously charming and I'm already thinking about what it'll be like during the holidays! I had such a great time poking in and out of all the shops. Mitch loves candied nuts and our first stop was into the Almond Blossom Roasted Nuts Shop. I also can't wait to get back to Munchen House! Their bavarian pretzel and field roast wurst absolutely hit the spot after a long day of sightseeing.

Aside from Leavenworth, Wenatchee does seem like a random place to visit, but we were pleasantly surprised! They had an adorable downtown! Unfortunately, almost everything was closed on Sunday except the 50's style Soda Fountain shop and Stemilt Creek Winery, where we had a complimentary tasting through our groupon. It was perfect!!! Mitch got to try out a few different reds and whites and nothing makes this girl happier than a yummy root beer float!

All in all, a wonderful, refreshing weekend with the big guy! Lucky to be in Washington!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

No comments:

Post a Comment