Contrary to what I'd have you believe, I actually don't stomp around in sky high heels every day. My feet would most certainly fall off! I usually follow up a dress up day with a dress down day. Dressing down doesn't necessarily mean sloppy, but it absolutely means comfortable and more often should involve easy decision making. If you have a million articles of clothing, it can make it difficult to make timely morning decisions so I've adopted the habit of having "uniforms."
Of course, I don't mean uniforms in the literal sense. I guess a better word would be templates. I have go-to shapes in mind that help me envision my outfit quickly. I think we can all tell that my favorite shape is A-line. I have a lot of different templates to achieve this look. Crop top/Fitted T-shirt + circle skirt. Crop top/T-shirt + maxi skirt. Add and remove cardigans accordingly. Another combo I've been really into this summer is high-waist shorts with a tucked in tank or crop top. And then to make things REALLY easy, I have an arsenal of cotton blend skater dresses from Forever 21 that I can just throw on and accessorize with a scarf.
Happy Friday, lovers! This weekend, I'm playing a soccer tournament in Portland. Looking forward to the fun and the noms! Hope you have a great one!
Of course, I don't mean uniforms in the literal sense. I guess a better word would be templates. I have go-to shapes in mind that help me envision my outfit quickly. I think we can all tell that my favorite shape is A-line. I have a lot of different templates to achieve this look. Crop top/Fitted T-shirt + circle skirt. Crop top/T-shirt + maxi skirt. Add and remove cardigans accordingly. Another combo I've been really into this summer is high-waist shorts with a tucked in tank or crop top. And then to make things REALLY easy, I have an arsenal of cotton blend skater dresses from Forever 21 that I can just throw on and accessorize with a scarf.
Happy Friday, lovers! This weekend, I'm playing a soccer tournament in Portland. Looking forward to the fun and the noms! Hope you have a great one!





No comments:
Post a Comment