Sunday, August 31, 2014

Monterey Bay Aquarium

After our beautiful drive through Big Sur, we settled in Monterey for the night. As more evidence that Airbnb is the best thing that has ever happened to us, when our hosts in Sunnyvale learned of our plans to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium, they hooked us up with complimentary passes! They legitimately saved us $80! A big part of me wishes that my apartment was better located in Seattle just so I could host Airbnb'ers. I think it would be SO FUN, but at the same time, I love where I live. For reals and I'm kind of missing sleeping in my own bed right now... I digress!

Mitch and I LOVE aquariums. Granted, we've only been to one other aquarium together before this, but we consider ourselves friends of any and all aquariums! The Monterey Bay Aquarium was SUPER LEGIT. You know how Zoos/Aquariums tend to have one or two super epic exhibits and then everything else is just filler? Every corner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium had an A+ Super Star exhibit! As per usual, we didn't do any research ahead of time, other than just knowing that this aquarium had an amazing reputation. And again, it sort of just worked out! I kind of liked wandering around without being glued to a map, discovering exhibits as we came across them. Let me show you a few of my favorite snaps!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672


The jellyfish were MESMERIZING. Desktop background material, for sure! They had this sweet shore/wave cove where they'd crash water over glass on top of you. It was REALLY fun to stand under the glass as a rush and roar of water would come every 30 seconds. AH! And then the otters. YOU GUYZ, they were so cute! There were 3 of them and they were ridiculously playful. And then of course, there's my new favorite picture of Mitch.... making friends with a penguin!!! Shit like this makes me swoon for this kid so hard.


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672

IMG_2672

Do you guys have any other favorite aquariums? We still need to visit the one in Seattle, I haven't been since I was 12! We are willing to travel far and wide for a good aquarium though, so hook a sista up!

No comments:

Post a Comment