Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bae and the Bridge

On our way to Bodega Bay from Monterey, we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge. It was Mitch's first time and so obviously we had to pull over for some commemorative photos and obviously it totally deserves a blog post! I've never done so much solo travel with my s.o. the way Mitch and I have traveled during our time together. Mitch and I are have very different interests, we actually don't have a ton in common and our personalities are like night and day when compared. But we both love to travel! And I couldn't have asked for a better or more good looking adventure buddy.

We've found that consistent, quality 1:1 time is necessary for us to maintain a good balance in our relationship. I have this habit of wanting to constantly coordinate large group get togethers or planning different friend dates multiple nights in a row (I love a lot of awesome people!). And although I think it's totally healthy to have strong relationships outside of your s.o., I more often than not end up cramming my calendar to capacity, not leaving a whole lot of time for bae. It's too easy to take for granted spending time with Mitch when I get to see him every day. It took a lot of emotional work and patience on Mitch's part to help me come to that simple realization, but I know I'm a lot happier when I prioritize my time for the things that matter most rather than try to do everything I want to do in limited time frames. I'm super grateful we were able to find time for each other at the end of this insanely busy summer for this trip!


IMG_2672


+1 to the Awesome Aussies that snapped this photo of us! I love travelling around with my 50D but it's so hard to consistently get a decent photo when you're handing off a giant DSLR to a nice stranger who doesn't typically use one. I always try to look for someone else carrying around a big camera but it's always a toss up. Gotta treasure the good ones!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672


Mitch looks like a Bollywood guest star in those aviators! I'm obsessed! I also love the fit of this green shirt on him. It's difficult to find slim cut shirts when your overall frame is so large, but we all know Mitch is the master of shopping!


IMG_2672

IMG_2672 IMG_2672


Having long hair is crazy sometimes! I've stopped at this view point on several occasions and every time my hair just whips around like medusa on crack.


IMG_2672


I find this outtake pretty funny! I think the guy in the background makes for a better picture :) Here's to many more trips over the Golden Gate bridge and many more adventures with the bae!

No comments:

Post a Comment